If this happens our system recognized that you would not qualify for the study you clicked on and routed you to another survey that you may qualify for. This is done to improve your experience, but it's not perfect. We aim to match you with a study paying at least as much as the one you clicked on. When such a survey is not available, you will be taken to a study that pays a lesser amount.
Articles in this section
- What is a paid survey?
- What topics are covered by paid surveys?
- What are daily studies?
- Can I take Surveys by phone or postal mail?
- How much does each survey pay?
- Why do surveys ask me for personal information?
- Surveys aren't loading, why?
- Why do I have to enter my information over and over each time I do a survey?
- Why do surveys ask me for my date of birth over and over?
- I'm asked for ZIP code, but I have a postal code (or vice versa).